October has been a very busy month for us because the holiday season is fast approaching. Our workload from our remote clients have peaked since mid-September and judging from the bulk of projects we’re currently working on, they’re enough to last us until December (not that we’re complaining hahaha!).
In times like these, daily meals shouldn’t take ages to make! When you’re pressed for time, it is always practical to have a staple recipe that you can easily put together – and fast. Today, I’m going to share to you my good ol’ chicken and vegetable stir-fry recipe that is not only easy to prepare and make, but is also savory and nutritious too.
All you need is a wok, your choice of veggies, some seasoning and you’ll have a sumptuous dish that will not take more than 30 minutes of your time. This stir-fry recipe features cauliflower and Chinese snow peas which have always been a part of our weekly vegetable arsenal.
Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 250 grams boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large cauliflower, steamed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Chinese snow peas, trimmed
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Black pepper and salt, to taste
- Vegetable oil
1. Get a wok or a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat.
2. Pour some oil and tilt it to swirl the oil around the sides.
3. Toss the garlic until golden brown. Add the onion and ginger and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken strips. Let it sit for two minutes then begin stirring until it’s cooked.
5. Stir in cauliflower flowerettes, Chinese snow peas and sliced red bell pepper.
6. Season the chicken and vegetable mixture with black pepper, salt, soy sauce, fish sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
7. Serve while piping hot!